Trauma Case Studies following the Day 1-4 Trauma Education with Leah Giarratano is only available to current or past Day 1-4 training participants in self-paced mode. It is unavailable to anyone who has not completed Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) with Leah Giarratano in the past six years (i.e., from 2016 onwards).
This final, optional and practical Day 1-4 learning consolidation activity is presented by Dr Leah Giarratano incorporates four structured practical exercises that can be completed in three months, or in up to six months in your own time. You will be required to complete Cases 1-2 before access to Cases 3-4 is provided. Participation in this activity will improve your ability to formulate a case plan for trauma clients using the Day 1-4 skills.
This online program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. Counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, and social workers are all welcome to attend. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations.
If you are currently completing the Day 1-4 trauma education program, Cases 1-2 will be provided after you complete the program and quizzes and you will utilise the same printed materials provided to complete the cases if required. If you completed the Day 1-4 trauma education in recent years, you can commence upon receiving your printed materials in the mail (a current set of the Day 1-4 manuals is part of your fee).
There are four real, de-identified case studies to help participants apply the Day 1-4 program skills and these require 9 hours in total to complete. Participants will read each case, and answer specific questions designed to generate a clinical assessment and a case/ treatment formulation, applying, but not limited to, the skills they learned in the Treating PTSD (Day1-2) and Complex Trauma (Day 3-4) training programs. After submitting your case plans, you will review a video, and detailed notes, of the program presenter’s suggestions for the management of each client. The four cases are presented in pairs to contrast the different skills required to treat a PTSD and CPTSD client.
Cases 1-2 attracts 4 CPD hours:
A PTSD client, ‘Eric’, a 52-year-old male who was assaulted three years ago whilst performing his duties as a police officer; and,
A CPTSD client, ‘Christie’, a 13-year-old female who was subjected to domestic violence and sexual abuse over four years at the hands of her biological father and his partner.
Cases 3-4 attracts 5 CPD hours:
A PTSD client, ‘Christian’, a 54-year-old male who was abducted, physically assaulted, and had his life threatened while working as a taxi driver; and,
A CPTSD client, ‘Delphine’, a 60-year-old female who as a child was subjected to years of sexual and physical abuse and witnessing violence at the hands of her father.
Participating in this event attracts:
9 CPD/CPE/CE hours when you return your four completed case formulations and please note that a record of participation is only issued after you return your completed case formulations. This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Please be mindful that CPD/CPE/CE hours for online self-study programs varies internationally by profession. We suggest you contact your professional licensing/certification board to confirm if self-study is approved for your professional development/ continuing education before you register for this program as it is always your responsibly to ensure that your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours is successful. In addition to your certificate, we can provide electronic documents to support your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours including a Day 1-4 program flyer, narrative of the Day 1-4 program and learning objectives.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
If you live outside Australia, Visa and Mastercard payment is preferred, and an additional 2.10% card fee applies
$477 Australian Dollars for a past Day 1-4 or Day 3-4 participant (if you have completed these programs more than 6 months ago)
$300 Australian Dollars for current Day 1-4 or Day 3-4 participants when you register at the same time as your Day 1-4 or Day 3-4 program (or if you have completed these programs in the past 6 months). Your fee will be adjusted after you register.
What past participants have said about this self-paced online program
I've found this training incredibly helpful. The way it is presented increased my confidence in using the Day 1-4 strategies.
This program was organised to maximise learning. I really liked having the cases beforehand, practical exercises that mimic clinical practise, lots of chances to revise the material.
I was glad I could consolidate learning with practical application of skills taught in the workshop
An excellent way to see how all the Day 1-4 skills are used. It was professionally presented and well balanced.
I really appreciated the four case studies as a refresher of Days 1-4. This activity was a helpful way to revise and reflect on what skills I have since used and which ones I still can.
Practical, relatable examples for using the Day 1-4 skills in many ways.
Leah's knowledge and expertise in the field has been evident throughout the program. The detailed discussion of the four case studies was extremely helpful and a good reminder of all the strategies discussed in Days 1-4.
The structure was great. Doing the case formulations was helpful to remind myself of the different techniques and strategies to use with different types of trauma cases.
I had the opportunity to refresh learned knowledge and get feedback that I was on track and realise that I needed to revise in some areas.
The program was well paced enabling me to learn step by step at my own pace. The printed resources and presentations are clear with lots of detail.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this activity. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• You can only register for this program if you have completed Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano from 2016 and there are no exceptions to this policy. This program serves as a learning consolidation exercise for current and past Day 1-4 participants. If you have paid for this for this training in error, the fee paid (less card fee) is refundable or can be used as a deposit towards Treating PTSD (Day 1-2) or Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) presented in one of our two online modes.
• You are registering for an on-demand program by Visa or Mastercard where a card fee applies. This on-demand program requires card payment at the time of submitting your registration. Your printed materials will be dispatched upon payment. Please do not create an invoice and pay later. You must register and pay at the time of submitting your registration.
• If your employer is making payment, we suggest you make the payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt to avoid delays in dispatching your printed materials
• A record of participation will be e-mailed to you after we receive your first pair of case formulations and then after we receive your second pair of case formulations. Our record of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents. Our record of participation is official proof of completing the program for your professional development log.
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• In order to qualify for a refund, it must be the case that we have not yet mailed you the printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing prior to the mailing of your printed materials.
• Cancellation will attract a $77 Australian Dollars processing fee. The card fee paid on registration is not refundable.
• If you do not qualify for a refund, you can commence your program anytime within six-months of your registration.
• If you have received the printed program materials and do not complete the case formulations for any reason, we cannot award CPD hours or refund any part of your fee.
Trauma Education (Day 1-4) Applied Practice: Case Studies 1-4 with Dr Leah Giarratano (available to Day 1-4 participants from 2016 onwards).
- Product Code: 04A
- Availability: In Stock