Please note that registration closes one month earlier on 3/4/24.
Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma Live Online (Day 1-4): Practical trauma-informed interventions for therapists with Dr Leah Giarratano.
This highly interactive four-day livestream program is intended for all mental health professionals in Perth, Australia and surrounding countries in Central Canada and Central United States where the time zone is Central Daylight Time (CDT or UTC -5). Refer to this link for complete CDT states for North America/Canada. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations and the spoken language is English. You will need a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 15 Mbps per day.
The program is delivered between 9am-5pm Central Daylight Time. You will need a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 15 Mbps per day. Participants from other US and Canadian states and time zones are welcome to participate if you are happy with the time commitments in your region between 7am-3pm (PDT) 8am-4pm (MDT) or 10am-6pm (EDT). Refer to this time converter
You will be required to commit 30 hours of your time to complete the Day 1-4 livestream including a quiz. Following Day 4, you have complimentary access to an optional case study activity containing four Trauma Case Studies. This requires an additional 12 hours of study and is included in your fee, saving you $300 AUD if you complete your case formulations within six months of your Day 1-4 program. In this applied trauma practice program, you will receive two deidentified PTSD and two Complex PTSD cases with a number of questions, and you will be required to formulate a case plan for each using the Day 1-4 skills. You will have three months to complete your first two case formulations and another three months to complete your final two case formulations.
In order to ensure you receive printed materials on time by mail, registrations are not accepted after 3/4/24. Please provide your home address for the delivery of your printed materials.
Watch Leah Giarratano
present a brief overview: Trauma Education: Day 1-4
Leah Giarratano will present each livestream
from her studio over two consecutive days on two occasions one week apart and
you will be able to pose questions live during the presentations and
participate in activities/ discussions with your peers. Each livestream session
will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration with three 15-30 minute breaks
during the day (for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea). To encourage a
safe and interactive learning environment, the livestream is not recorded.
Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers are all welcome to attend. This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Australian Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Participating in this event
· 30 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz (or 42 CPD hours can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and the four case formulations in the trauma case study activity).
· 30 or 42 CE Credits available to members of the American Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial APA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 32 PDP hours Educational Activity/Performance Review for members of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2023-2025)
· 20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz (expire 15/12/23).
· 30 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 31/12/23), if you complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz, or 42 CPE hours, can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and the four case formulations in the trauma case study activity.
Please be mindful that recognition
of CPD/CPE/CE hours for online/self-study programs varies internationally by
profession. We suggest you contact your professional licensing/certification
board to confirm if online/self-study is approved for your professional
development/ continuing education before you register for this program as it is
always your responsibility to ensure that your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours
is successful. In addition to your certificate, we can provide electronic
documents to support your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours including a Day 1-4
program flyer, narrative of the Day 1-4 program and learning objectives.
Registration fee and payment
are in Australian Dollars
$1,390 Australian Dollars - payable by bank transfer or creditcard (an additional 2.10% card fee applies for creditcard payments). Refer to the Wise Currency Converter to determine the fee in your currency.
This trauma education livestream program synthesises practical approaches from several modalities that are publishing positive outcomes for these clients and presents them using actual cases that will underpin your clinical practice in traumatology. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. The techniques are designed for immediate use in your clinical practice. The program will explain when exposure-based interventions are indicated and appropriate, and when other therapeutic needs should be addressed first.
Day 1-2 is dedicated to
treating PTSD clients utilising a cognitive behavioural approach. Day 3-4 is
dedicated to the treatment of Complex PTSD (survivors of child abuse and
neglect/ developmental trauma) incorporating current experiential techniques
showing promising results with this population; drawn from Emotion Focused
Therapy for trauma, Metacognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, Attachment pathology
treatment, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
Please refer to the
descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and
for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at our website
for further details regarding this four-day training.
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral-level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and the application of cognitive behaviour therapy.
What past participants have said about the Day
1-2 livestream mode of delivery
By far not only one of the best professional training I have attended but done so smoothly via livestream
This really is one of the best courses I have done. Professionally presented - backed up with quality research
One of the best programs I have ever participated in. It was well
organised and the communication about the program including tech support was
outstanding. The program itself was engaging and so practical.
A very interactive livestream...the two days went by fast. I did not
leave home... Outstanding training.
Really enjoyed the structure of the program with theory-based learning
then being able to consolidate with practical activities online. All
underpinned by Leah's tremendous passion and knowledge on PTSD, an engaging
I enjoyed the content, it was very informative
and will add a new dimension to my practice. The pace the information was
delivered kept me engaged. Thank you for a wonderful two days, I will look
forward to registering and participating in the next two days.
It was great to be able to attend training
remotely. I felt that the training was as good as if it would have been live. I
also loved the content. The attention to detail was exemplary.
I thought this training was brilliant and so informative. I especially appreciated the real-life examples, I find this really helps to consolidate my learning.
I really appreciated the resources that were
given out (slides and written material, handouts etc.). Also really liked
Leah's style of presenting. The content of the training was informative and
Highly interactive despite virtual. Real and
detailed case examples. Practical, powerful case studies, comprehensive course
What past participants have said about the Day 3-4
livestream mode of delivery
One of the most practical, evidence-based, engaging and overall welcoming trainings I have completed
A variety of modalities are introduced, discussed, and practised
It is a great mixture of practical and theoretical. I have left both
trainings already using skills or thinking about how I will apply them with
I liked the eclectic approach used to inform us on treating CPTSD. I
also really appreciated the scripts provided us for chair work and specific
exercises during the program
I gained a new perspective and understanding on complex PTSD and the
overlap of this and other diagnoses. The program provided me many more
tools, in particular formulating a treatment plan. Full of practical strategies
that can be immediately used with clients
Loved everything about this program. Professional,
knowledgeable, informative and paced well.
Practical, useful & very interesting
information presented in a way which kept my attention and allowed me to
participate and ask questions
Overall this was such an amazing workshop to be
part of. I learnt so many tools to implement with my clients and already have
some in mind to practice with starting next week. Real-life examples and video
demonstrations consolidated new information.
Models gave me a great framework to hang
everything on. Best role plays I've ever done - safe. Such great resources.
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website.
• The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
• Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card.
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid within 7 days, your reservation will expire. If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
• A certificate of participation will be e-mailed to you following Day 2 for Days 1-2 and following Day 4 for Days 3-4. Our certificate includes the name and qualifications of the presenter, an overview of the training contents and the names of all participants that took part on the same two livestream dates as you. We do not provide individual certificates because they can be self-created. Our certificate of participation is official proof for your professional development log. If you wish to claim continuing professional development (CPD/CPE/CE) hours/points, you must also complete and retain your Day 1-4 quiz and/or optional case study formulations as you might be required by your professional body to produce all three sets of documents to prove you completed each required component and an active CPD/CPE/CE program.
• To qualify for a refund, it will be the case that we have not yet dispatched your printed materials, and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched. Cancellation attracts a $77 AUD processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee or card processing fee, this fee is not refundable.
• If you have received your Day 1-4 program materials and do not access the livestream or online recordings for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee. We will provide you access to another livestream or intake within one year from the date you made payment. You can also nominate another person to benefit from your payment on the condition that you have not accessed the online program and that you provide that person with all your Day 1-4 printed materials so they may complete the program and receive CPD/CPE/CE hours for the components they complete.
Live online trauma training for mental health professionals in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Live online trauma courses for practitioners, Complex trauma training live online, PTSD training live online, Trauma and PTSD Courses live online
Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream on 2-3 and 9-10 May 2024 for Central USA + Canada
- Product Code: 01B
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Live_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CE, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Live_Online_CE, Live_Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_Complex_Trauma_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CE, Trauma_CE_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online, Live_CE_webinar_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CE,