This engaging four-day trauma education program is intended for all mental health professionals. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. It comprises the following two-day workshops, delivered over four consecutive days.
with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) in Adelaide CBD on 10-11 August 2021
2.Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) in Adelaide CBD on 12-13 August 2021
will not be publicised to discourage on-the-day registration. Attendees will be
provided venue details upon registration.
8:30am to 4:30pm
Registrations are not accepted after 6/8/21
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling GPs, mental health nurses, psychologists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
this event earns:
28 CPD hours for members of the Australian Association of Social
Workers (expires 31/12/20)
28 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 8/1/21)
20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 4/12/20)
28 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician
These workshops are designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by the APS; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$1,590 (including GST)
Please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at our website for details about this four-day training.
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist who specialises in the assessment and treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She has been presenting training programs since 1996. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this program
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of take away skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all of my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s a great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular workshop is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire and you will not have a position at the workshop
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt
• To qualify for the early bird registration, your payment must be received by the specified date, that is, payment, not just registration, must be received by the early-bird cut-off date. Sorry, there are no exceptions for late payment arrivals
• We accept registration by email, text or at our website. A tax invoice will be issued via e-mail upon registration
• Please register at this website. Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT where no fee applies) or credit card (where a card fee applies). Payment by cheque was phased out in January 2015.
• Registration fee includes tea and coffee on arrival, morning and afternoon tea and lunch. Program notes are also included.
• A record
of attendance will be e-mailed to all participants in the days following the
program. Our record of attendance includes: the name and qualifications of the
presenter; an overview of workshop contents; and the names of all those present
at the workshop. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance
because they can be self-created. Our record of attendance is your proof of
attendance for your professional development log
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• If you require accommodation, visit a travel site such as Expedia or TripAdvisor to find and book a hotel room in the CBD
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
• A cancellation or transfer must be finalised in writing at least ten days prior to the training date, otherwise your options will be reduced to the final two points below
• If you cancel or transfer your registration ten days or more prior to the training date, it will attract a $77 processing fee. If you paid by credit card, the card fee paid is not refundable. The card fee also applies on the balance of your refund.
• When you transfer to another workshop, you can attend any of our workshops offered within one year of your transfer. We cannot refund any part of your fee once the transfer has been made
• If you are unable to attend the workshop for any reason, your position is transferable to someone holding a copy of your tax invoice upon registration
• If you do not attend the workshop for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee.
Trauma Education (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano in Adelaide CBD on 10-13 August 2021
- Product Code: 01
- Availability: In Stock