This engaging four-day trauma education program is intended for all mental health professionals. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations and it is delivered over four consecutive days with three months access to the online program following the training to consolidate learning. Limited places are available, and registration will close when positions are filled. Register 4 months or more prior to secure a place.
1.Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) in Auckland CBD on 8-9 August 2023
2.Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) in Auckland CBD on 10-11 August 2023
The venue will be announced to registered attendees only in mid June and it will not be publicised.
8:30am to 4:30pm
Registrations are not accepted after 1/8/23 or unless sold our prior.
Watch Leah Giarratano present an overview of: Trauma Education: Day 1-4, Treating PTSD: Day 1-2 and Treating Complex Trauma: Day 3-4
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling GPs, mental health nurses, psychologists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
this event earns:
28 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 31/12/23)
20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 15/12/23)
28 CPD hours category A for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program + quiz expires 27/10/23
28 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician
This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals. Trauma Training Auckland New Zealand
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$1,790 Australian Dollars
Please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at this website for details about this four-day training.
Trauma Education: Day 1 – 4 overview
This program synthesises practical approaches from several modalities that are publishing positive outcomes for these clients, and presents them using actual cases that will underpin your clinical practice in traumatology. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. The techniques will be immediately helpful in your clinical practice. The program will explain when exposure-based interventions are indicated and appropriate, and when other therapeutic needs should be addressed first.
Day 1-2 is dedicated to treating PTSD clients utilising a cognitive behavioural approach. Day 3-4 is dedicated to the treatment of Complex PTSD (survivors of child abuse and neglect/ developmental trauma) incorporating current experiential techniques showing promising results with this population; drawn from Emotion Focused Therapy for trauma, Metacognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, Attachment pathology treatment, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist who specialises in the assessment and treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She has been presenting training programs since 1996. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this program
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of take away skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all of my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s a great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular workshop is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid within 7 days of your invoice being issued, your reservation will expire and you will not have a position at the workshop
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt
accept registration by email, text or at our website. A tax invoice will be
issued via e-mail upon registration
• Please register at this website. Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT where no fee applies) or credit card (where a card fee applies).
• Registration fee includes tea and coffee on arrival, morning and afternoon tea and lunch. Printed program materials and 3 months acccess to the self-paced online program is also included.
• A record
of attendance will be e-mailed to all participants in the days following the
program. Our record of attendance includes: the name and qualifications of the
presenter; an overview of workshop contents; and the names of all those present
at the workshop. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance
because they can be self-created. Our record of attendance is your proof of
attendance for your professional development log
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• If you require accommodation, visit a travel site such as Expedia or TripAdvisor to find and book a hotel room in the CBD
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
• Live (face-to-face) workshops may only be offered annually or biannually, and we may cancel this training if it is not viable to proceed with a small number of participants. It is important to register more than four months in advance to avoid this occurring.
• The training venue will be announced to registered attendees after all positions have been filled or between six and eight weeks prior to the first workshop day. Please delay your travel and accommodation bookings until the venue has been announced.
• If we cancel this workshop for any reason, we will provide a full refund of the fee you paid. We cannot assist you with any other costs you incurred so please consider refundable accommodation or airfares to limit any potential financial loss you may incur.
• If you cancel or transfer your registration, you can only do so two months or more prior to the training date and will attract an $88 AUD processing fee.
• When you transfer to another workshop, you can attend any of our scheduled workshops offered within one year of your transfer. We cannot refund any part of your fee once the transfer has been made. If you transfer to our online modes one month or more prior to the training date, the difference in fee will be refunded.
• If you are unable to attend the workshop for any reason, your position is transferable to someone holding a copy of your tax invoice upon registration.
• If you do not attend the workshop for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee and you are welcome to complete any of our scheduled self-paced and/or livestream programs for no additional cost within one year. The difference in fee will not be refunded if you do not attend the workshop.
Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano in Auckland CBD on 8-11 August 2023
- Product Code: 01
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training_Auckland, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:Auckland_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:Auckland_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:Auckland_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:Auckland_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Therapist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Auckland_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Auckland_CPD, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Auckland_CPD, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_Complex_Trauma_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Auckland_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Auckland, CPD_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Auckland, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Auckland_CPD,