This four-day self-paced education program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. It comprises two, two-day workshops, delivered online over three months. You also have optional access to a four-hour trauma case study group to apply the skills taught.
The total time commitment for the four days and an optional case study groups is 34 hours of trauma focused professional development to be worked through at your own pace with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is provided. Your commitment includes 14 hours for Days 1-2 + 14 hours for Days 3-4 + 2 hours Day 1-4 quiz + 4 hours trauma case study group. The two online workshops are as follows:
Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) with online access from 1 February 2021 to 1 May 2021
Trauma Case Study Group with Dr Leah Giarratano livestream on 19/3/21 between 11am and 1pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (participation is optional and included in your fee)
In order to ensure you receive printed materials by mail, registrations are not accepted after 25/1/21. Some countries must allow up to four weeks for international delivery during COVID, although your access will be extended accordingly if you are affected.
Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration.
As part of your registration, you have complimentary access to a two-hour trauma case study group livestream on 19/3/21 to apply the skills presented in the training to two cases. This case study group is available exclusively for practicing mental health clinicians who register in the two online modes of Trauma Education (Days 1-4). The first hour will be dedicated to a PTSD case and the second hour to a CPTSD case. The trauma case study time commitment will also include two hours preparation per group and a total of four hours of active professional development.
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
Participating in this event earns:
28 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 8/1/21)
20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 4/12/20)
34 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician
These workshops are designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by the APS; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$1,390 (including Australian GST)
Please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at our website for details about this four-day training.
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this program
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of take away skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all of my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s a great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt
accept registration by email, text or at our website. A tax invoice will be
issued via e-mail upon registration
• Please register at this website. Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT where no fee applies) or credit card (where a card fee applies). Payment by cheque was phased out in January 2015.
• Registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks before you can access the online recordings.
• A record of participation will be e-mailed to all participants on 2 February 2021. Our record of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our record of participation is official proof for your professional development log.
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, your record of attendance will be issued following the livestream and after you complete a quiz with an 80% pass rate. You will be able complete the quiz at the end of the livestream, which can attempted the more than once.
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• In order to qualify for a refund, we have not mailed you the printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing prior to 21/1/21.
• Cancellation will attract a $77 processing fee. If you paid by credit card, the card fee paid is not refundable. The card fee also applies on the balance of your refund.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the balance of your online access to the recordings to another time period of your choosing within six months of your registration.
• If you have received the printed program materials and do not access the online recording for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your
Trauma Education (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano International online commencing on 1 February 2021 ending 1 May 2021
- Product Code: 01A
- Availability: In Stock