This interactive four-day livestream program is intended for all mental health professionals in Australia and surrounding regions including Oceania, ASEAN and Asia. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. It is delivered between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard/Daylight Time on the dates below. Take note that if you reside in Brisbane (-1 hr) or Perth (-3hrs) or Auckland (+2hrs) there is a time difference (ie., 8am start in Brisbane or 6am start in Perth and 11 am start in Auckland). You will need a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 10 Mbps per day.
The livestream comprises two, two-day workshops, delivered one week apart and access to a two-hour trauma case study group livestream to apply the skills taught. You will be required to commit 34 hours of your time (14 hours for Days 1-2 livestream + 14 hours for Days 3-4 livestream + 2 hours Day 1-4 quiz + 4 hours trauma case study group), with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is provided. The total time commitment for the four days and an optional case study groups is 34 hours of trauma focused professional development. The livestream workshops are as follows:
1.Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) livestream on 4-5 March 2021 between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time with online access to program material from 5 March to 5 April 2021
2.Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) livestream on 11-12 March 2021 between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time with online access to program material from 12 March to 12 April 2021
3.Trauma Case Study Group with Dr Leah Giarratano on 7/5/21 between 11am and 1pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (participation is optional and included in your fee)
In order to ensure you receive printed materials on time by mail, registrations are not accepted after 20/2/21. If you reside outside Australia, you have to be registered one month prior (by 4/2/21).
Leah Giarratano will present each livestream from her home over two consecutive days and you will be able to pose questions during the presentations. Each livestream session will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration with three 15-30 minute breaks during the day (for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
To help you consolidate your learning, you will also have one-month access to Leah’s pre-recorded online training package. Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration.
As part of your registration, you have complimentary have access to a two-hour trauma case study group livestream on 7/5/21 to apply the skills presented in the training to two cases. This case study group is available exclusively for practicing mental health clinicians who register in the two online modes of Trauma Education (Days 1-4). The first hour will be dedicated to a PTSD case and the second hour to a CPTSD case. The trauma case study time commitment will also include two hours preparation per group and a total of four hours of active professional development.
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
Participating in this event earns:
17 PDP hours Educational Activity/Performance Review for members of Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2020-2022)
20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 4/12/20)
34 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician, when you complete the Day 1-4 livestream, Day 1-4 quiz and optional case study group requirements
These workshops are designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by the APS; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$1,390 (including Australian GST)
For more details about the content of this four-day training, please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) on other pages of this website.
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this program
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of take away skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all of my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s a great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt
• To qualify for the early bird registration, your payment must be received by the specified date, that is, payment, not just registration, must be received by the early-bird cut-off date. Sorry, there are no exceptions for late payment arrivals
• We accept registration by email, text or at our website. A tax invoice will be issued via e-mail upon registration
• Please register at this website. Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT where no fee applies) or credit card (where a card fee applies). Payment by cheque was phased out in January 2015.
• Registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks before you can access the online recordings.
• A record of participation will be e-mailed to all participants on 6/3/21 and 13/3/21 after the completion of a self-test/quiz. Our record of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our record of participation is official proof for your professional development log
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, your record of attendance will be issued following the livestream and after you complete a quiz with an 80% pass rate. You will be able complete the quiz at the end of the livestream, which can attempted the more than once.
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• In order to qualify for a refund, we have not mailed you the printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing prior to 20/2/21.
• Cancellation will attract a $77 processing fee. If you paid by credit card, the card fee paid is not refundable. The card fee also applies on the balance of your refund.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the balance of your online access to the recordings to another time period of your choosing within six months of your registration.
• If you have received the printed program materials and do not take part in the livestream or access the online recording for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee.
Trauma Education (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream on 4-5 and 11-12 March 2021 between 9am and 5pm AEDT for Australia
- Product Code: 01B
- Availability: In Stock