Trauma Education Online (Day 1-4): Practical trauma informed interventions with Dr Leah Giarratano.
This four-day self-paced education program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. It comprises two, two-day workshops, delivered online over three months. You also have optional access to one of our scheduled highly interactive Day 1-4 livestreams during your access period.
The total time commitment for the four days is 30 hours of trauma focused professional development to be worked through at your own pace with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is provided. Your commitment includes 15 hours for Days 1-2 including quiz + 15 hours for Days 3-4 including quiz.
In order to ensure you receive printed materials by mail, registrations are not accepted after 27/10/23. Some countries must allow up to three weeks for international delivery, although your access will be extended accordingly if you are affected. Please provide your home address for the delivery of your printed materials.
Watch Leah Giarratano present an overview of: Trauma Education: Day 1-4, Treating PTSD: Day 1-2 and Treating Complex Trauma: Day 3-4
Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration.
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend. Trauma Training Online
Participating in this event earns:
30 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 31/12/23) if you complete the program and Day 1-4 quiz
20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the program and Day 1-4 quiz (expires 15/12/23)
30 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the online program and Day 1-4 quiz
30 CPD hours category B for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program + quiz expires 28/2/24
This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Please be mindful that CPD/CPE/CE hours for online self-study programs varies internationally by profession. We suggest you contact your professional licensing/certification board to confirm if self-study is approved for your professional development/ continuing education before you register for this program as it is always your responsibly to ensure that your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours is successful. In addition to your certificate, we can provide electronic documents to support your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours including a Day 1-4 program flyer, narrative of the Day 1-4 program and learning objectives.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$1,390 Australian Dollars (or approximately $1,062 USD, $1,339 CAD, £796 GBP, €883 EUR, kr6565 DKK, kr8893 SEK, fr956 CHF, kr9084 NOK)
Visa and Mastercard payment is preferred for registrations outside Australia and an additional 2.10% card fee applies
Please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at this website for details about this four-day training.
Trauma Education: Day 1 – 4 overview
This program synthesises practical approaches from several modalities that are publishing positive outcomes for these clients, and presents them using actual cases that will underpin your clinical practice in traumatology. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. The techniques will be immediately helpful in your clinical practice. The program will explain when exposure-based interventions are indicated and appropriate, and when other therapeutic needs should be addressed first.
Day 1-2 is dedicated to treating PTSD clients utilising a cognitive behavioural approach. Day 3-4 is dedicated to the treatment of Complex PTSD (survivors of child abuse and neglect/ developmental trauma) incorporating current experiential techniques showing promising results with this population; drawn from Emotion Focused Therapy for trauma, Metacognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, Attachment pathology treatment, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this program
I appreciated the variety of skills and theoretical orientations included and enjoyed the way multiple approaches were drawn together into an eclectic approach
I loved the eclectic mix of strategies used in the CPTSD workshop and furthering my understanding of the treatment of trauma. Content was very engaging, case presentations helped to apply skills and Leah was very clear
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of take away skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all of my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s a great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website.
• The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire.
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
• Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card.
• Your registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks prior to the commencement of your program (i.e., 1 February, 1 April, 1 July, 1 October or 1 November). If you receive your printed materials during the commencement month, your access is automatically extended by another month.
• Your certificate of participation is e-mailed in the beginning of the month that your access is due to expire. Your certificate includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated in the same program. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our certificate of participation is official proof for your professional development log.
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, you must complete and retain your Day 1-4 quiz with a copy of your certificate of participation as you are required to produce both documents in order to prove you completed an active CPD program.
• To qualify for a refund, we have not dispatched your printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched.
• Cancellation attracts a $77 processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee, or card processing fee, the transfer fee (or card fee) is not refundable.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the commencement of your program to one of our scheduled programs within twelve months of your registration.
• If you have received your printed program materials and do not take part in the livestream or access the self-paced online program for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee but will provide you access the next scheduled program upon your request.
Trauma Education Essentials with Dr Leah Giarratano: Online training for mental health professionals
Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano International online commencing on 1 October 2023 ending 31 January 2024
- Product Code: 01A
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CE, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Online_CE, Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_Complex_Trauma_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CE, Trauma_CE_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online, CE_webinar_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CE,