This interactive two-day livestream program is intended for all mental health professionals in Australia and surrounding regions including Oceania, ASEAN and Asia. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. It is delivered between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time on 4-5 March 2021. Take note that if you reside in Brisbane (-1 hr) or Perth (-3hrs) or Auckland (+2hrs) there is a time difference (ie., 8am start in Brisbane or 6am start in Perth and 11 am start in Auckland). You will need a constant high speed internet connection of at least 10 Mbps per day.
You will be required to commit 15 hours of your time to participate in Days 1-2 (14 hours livestream + 1 hour for the Day 1-2 quiz) with printed copies of your materials mailed to you before access is provided.
Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) livestream on 4-5 March 2021 between 9am and 5pm AEDT with online access to program material from 5 March to 5 April 2021
Leah Giarratano will
present the livestream from her home over two consecutive days
and you will be able to pose questions during the presentations. Each
livestream session will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration with three 15-30 minute breaks during the day (for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
To help you consolidate your learning, you will also have one-month access to Leah’s pre-recorded online training package. Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration.
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
Participating in this event earns:
9 PDP hours Educational Activity/Performance Review for members of Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2020-2022)
10 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 4/12/20)
15 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician when you complete the livestream and Day 1-2 quiz.
These workshops are designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by the APS; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$795 (including Australian GST)
This two-day training presents a highly practical and interactive workshop (case-based) for treating traumatised patients; the content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. Techniques are largely cognitive behavioural; they are best-practice, evidence-based, and will be immediately useful and effective for your clinical practice. The program includes handouts and numerous case examples. The emphasis is upon imparting practical skills and up-to-date research in this area.
Day one topics include:
• Treatment maps and planning strategies
• Psychoeducation and motivation tips
• Analysing and targeting dysfunctional behaviours (e.g., substance abuse, self-harm)
• Arousal reduction strategies (including breathing retraining, grounding and distraction tasks)
• An introduction to anger management
• Self-care for clinicians
Day Two topics include:
• Invivo exposure therapy (reducing avoidance behaviours)
• The fundamentals of exposure therapy for traumatic memories (prolonged imaginal exposure
• Cognitive challenging of negative self-statements related to the traumatic event
• Contraindications and complex case issues
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist who vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this livestream program
By far not only one of the best professional training I have attended but done so smoothly via livestream
This really is one of the best courses I have done. Professionally presented - backed up with quality research
One of the best programs I have ever participated in. It was well organised and the communication about the program including tech support was outstanding. The program itself was engaging and so practical.
A very interactive livestream...the two days went by fast. I did not leave home... Outstanding training.
Really enjoyed the structure of the program with theory-based learning then being able to consolidate with practical activities online. All underpinned by Leah's tremendous passion and knowledge on PTSD, an engaging 2-day training
I enjoyed the content, it was very informative and will add a new dimension to my practice. The pace the information was delivered kept me engaged. Thank you for a wonderful two days, I will look forward to the registering and participating in the next two days.
Made me feel 5x more confident. "Trauma" sounds a little bit less scary now. Loved all of Leah's case vignettes, helped immensely to contextualise the theory into practice. The program was highly recommended by my supervisor, so my hopes were up even before we began, and I’m happy to say Days 1-2 did not disappoint.
It was great to be able to attend training remotely. I felt that the training was as good as if it would have been live. I also loved the content. The attention to detail was exemplary.
I thought this training was brilliant and so informative. I especially appreciated the real life examples, I find this really helps to consolidate my learning. Well done Leah on presenting online, I can't imagine that would have been easy!
I really appreciated the resources that were given out (slides and written material, handouts etc.). Also really liked Leah's style of presenting. The content of the training was informative and very practical.
Highly interactive despite virtual. Real and detailed case examples. Practical, powerful case studies, comprehensive course materials
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt
• To qualify for the early bird registration, your payment must be received by the specified date, that is, payment, not just registration, must be received by the early-bird cut-off date. Sorry, there are no exceptions for late payment arrivals
• We accept registration by email, text or at our website. A tax invoice will be issued via e-mail upon registration
• Please register at this website. Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT where no fee applies) or credit card (where a card fee applies). Payment by cheque was phased out in January 2015.
• Registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks before you can access the online recordings.
• A record of participation will be e-mailed to all participants on 6/3/21 after the completion of a self test/quiz. Our record of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our record of participation is official proof for your professional development log
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, your record of attendance will be issued following the livestream and after you complete a quiz with an 80% pass rate. You will be able complete the quiz at the end of the livestream, which can attempted the more than once.
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• In order to qualify for a refund, we have not mailed you the printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing prior to 20/2/21.
• Cancellation will attract a $77 processing fee. If you paid by credit card, the card fee paid is not refundable. The card fee also applies on the balance of your refund.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the balance of your online access to the recordings to another time period of your choosing within six months of your registration.
• If you have received the printed program materials and do not take part in the livestream or access the online recording for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee.
Treating PTSD (Day 1-2) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream on 4-5 March 2021 between 9am and 5pm AEDT for Australia
- Product Code: 02B
- Availability: In Stock