Treating PTSD Online (Day 1-2): Practical trauma informed interventions with Dr Leah Giarratano live online.
This highly interactive two-day livestream program is intended for all mental health professionals in New Zealand, Australia and surrounding regions including Oceania, ASEAN and Asia. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. It is delivered between 9am and 5pm New Zealand Standard Time. Take note that if you reside in Sydney (-2 hrs) or Perth (-4hrs) there is a time difference (ie., 7am start in Sydney or 5am start in Perth). You will need a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 15 Mbps per day.
You will be required to commit 15 hours of your time to participate in Days 1-2 (14 hours livestream + 1 hour for the Day 1-2 quiz) with printed copies of your materials mailed to you before access is provided.
In order to ensure you receive printed materials on time by mail, Australian registrations are not accepted after 9/6/23. If you reside outside Australia, you must be registered by 26/5/23.
Watch Leah Giarratano present an overview of: Trauma Education: Day 1-4, Treating PTSD: Day 1-2 and Treating Complex Trauma: Day 3-4
Leah Giarratano will
present the livestream from her studio over two consecutive days
and you will be able to pose questions during the presentations. Each
livestream session will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration with three 15-30 minute breaks during the day (for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
To help you consolidate your learning, you will also have three months access to Leah’s pre-recorded online training package. Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration.
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend. Treating PTSD live online training Australia and New Zealand
Participating in this event earns:
17 PDP hours for members of Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2023-2025) including pre+post quiz
10 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the livestream and quiz (expires 15/12/23)
15 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 31/12/23)
15 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the livestream and quiz
15 CPD hours category A for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program + quiz expires 17/11/23
This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$795 (including Australian GST)
This two-day training presents a highly practical and interactive workshop (case-based) for treating traumatised patients; the content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. Techniques are largely cognitive behavioural; they are best-practice, evidence-based, and will be immediately useful and effective for your clinical practice. The program includes handouts and numerous case examples. The emphasis is upon imparting practical skills and up-to-date research in this area.
Day one topics include:
• What is PTSD? (diagnosis, epidemiology, comorbidity, spectrum of the disorder)
• Treatment maps and planning strategies
• Psychoeducation and motivation tips
• Analysing and targeting dysfunctional behaviours (e.g., substance abuse, self-harm)
• Arousal reduction strategies (including breathing retraining, grounding and distraction tasks)
• An introduction to anger management
• Self-care for clinicians
Day Two topics include:
• Invivo exposure therapy (reducing avoidance behaviours)
• The fundamentals of exposure therapy for traumatic memories (prolonged imaginal exposure
• Cognitive challenging of negative self-statements related to the traumatic event
• Contraindications and complex case issues
• Treating traumatic nightmares
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist who vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this livestream program
Highly engaging. I have completed many face-to-face programs previously and this is my first online learning. Honestly, I learnt more from this than I have done in face-to-face workshops. Well done.
By far not only one of the best professional training I have attended but done so smoothly via livestream
I loved the structured
programme and all the case studies used to help consolidate the learning
This really is one of the best courses I have done. Professionally presented - backed up with quality research
One of the best programs I have ever participated in. It was well organised and the communication about the program including tech support was outstanding. The program itself was engaging and so practical.
A very interactive livestream...the two days went by fast. I did not leave home... Outstanding training.
Really enjoyed the structure of the program with theory-based learning then being able to consolidate with practical activities online. All underpinned by Leah's tremendous passion and knowledge on PTSD, an engaging 2-day training
I enjoyed the content, it was very informative and will add a new dimension to my practice. The pace the information was delivered kept me engaged. Thank you for a wonderful two days, I will look forward to the registering and participating in the next two days.
Made me feel 5x more confident. "Trauma" sounds a little bit less scary now. Loved all of Leah's case vignettes, helped immensely to contextualise the theory into practice. The program was highly recommended by my supervisor, so my hopes were up even before we began, and I’m happy to say Days 1-2 did not disappoint.
It was great to be able to attend training remotely. I felt that the training was as good as if it would have been live. I also loved the content. The attention to detail was exemplary.
I thought this training was brilliant and so informative. I especially appreciated the real life examples, I find this really helps to consolidate my learning. Well done Leah on presenting online, I can't imagine that would have been easy!
I really appreciated the resources that were given out (slides and written material, handouts etc.). Also really liked Leah's style of presenting. The content of the training was informative and very practical.
Highly interactive despite virtual. Real and detailed case examples. Practical, powerful case studies, comprehensive course materials
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website.
• The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire.
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
• Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card.
• Registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks before your program commences.
• Your certificate of participation is e-mailed following the livestream after the completion of a self-test/quiz. Your certificate includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our certificate of participation is official proof for your professional development log.
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, your certificate will be issued following the livestream and after you complete a quiz with an 80% pass rate. You will be able complete the quiz at the end of the livestream, which can be attempted more than once.
• To qualify for a refund, we have not dispatched your printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched.
• Cancellation attracts a $77 processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee, or card processing fee, this fee is not refundable.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the commencement of your program to one of our scheduled programs within twelve months of your registration.
Treating PTSD (Day 1-2) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream on 22-23 June 2023 between 9am and 5pm NZST for New Zealand
- Product Code: 02B
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Live_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Live_Online_CPD, Live_Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_PTSD_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online, Live_CPD_webinar_for_Treating_trauma_and_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD,