Treating PTSD (Day 1-2): Practical trauma-informed interventions for therapists with Dr Leah Giarratano live online. This highly interactive two-day livestream program is intended for all mental health professionals in Perth, Australia and surrounding countries including China, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Japan, South Korea. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations and the spoken language is English. You will need a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 15 Mbps per day.
The livestream is delivered between 9am-5pm Australian
Western Standard Time (for Perth, China, Hong Kong, Singapore). Participants from other time zones are
welcome to participate if you are happy with the time commitments in your
region Refer to this time converter
Following the two-day livestream, you have access to the self-paced online/ homestudy program version for a period of three months for any learning consolidation needs. You also have optional access to a case study activity to be completed within three months (PTSD Case Studies 1-2 with Dr Leah Giarratano) which involves a further five hours of participation time. This will improve your ability to formulate a case plan for PTSD clients using the Day 1-2 skills. To complete both programs, you will be required to commit 20 hours of your time (14 hours for Days 1-2 livestream + 1 hour Day 1-2 quiz, + 5 hours trauma case study activity).
In order to ensure you receive printed materials on time by mail, Australian registrations are not accepted after 7/6/24. If you reside outside Australia, you must be registered by 31/5/24. Please provide your home address for the delivery of your printed materials.
Watch Leah Giarratano present an overview of: Treating PTSD: Day 1-2
Leah Giarratano will present each livestream from her studio over two consecutive days, and you will be able to pose questions live during the presentations and participate in activities/ discussions with your peers. Each livestream session will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration with three 15-30 minute breaks during the day (for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea). To encourage a safe and interactive learning environment, the livestream is not recorded.
Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers are all welcome to attend. This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Australian Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Participating in this event earns:
· 15 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the Day 1-2 program and quiz (or 20 CPD hours can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and the two PTSD cases in the trauma case study activity).
· 15 or 20 CE Credits available to members of the American Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial APA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 10 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the Day 1-2 program and quiz (expire 15/12/23).
· 15 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 31/12/23) if you complete the Day 1-2 program and quiz, or 20 CPE hours can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and two PTSD cases in the trauma case study activity.
· 15 CPD hours category A for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program and Day 1-2 quiz.
Registration fee and payment on this website is in Australian Dollars
$795 Australian Dollars. Visa or Mastercard payment is preferred for participants outside Australia and an additional 2.10% card fee applies. Refer to the Wise Currency Converter for the fee in your currency
This two-day training presents a highly practical and interactive workshop (case-based) for treating traumatised patients; the content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. Techniques are largely cognitive behavioural; they are best-practice, evidence-based, and will be immediately useful and effective for your clinical practice. The program includes handouts and numerous case examples. The emphasis is upon imparting practical skills and up-to-date research in this area.
Day one topics include:
· What is PTSD? (diagnosis, epidemiology, comorbidity, spectrum of the disorder)
· Treatment maps and planning strategies
· Psychoeducation and motivation tips
· Analysing and targeting dysfunctional behaviours (e.g., substance abuse, self-harm)
· Arousal reduction strategies (including breathing retraining, grounding and distraction tasks)
· An introduction to anger management
· Self-care for clinicians
Day Two topics include:
· Invivo exposure therapy (reducing avoidance behaviours)
· The fundamentals of exposure therapy for traumatic memories (prolonged imaginal exposure
· Cognitive challenging of negative self-statements related to the traumatic event
· Contraindications and complex case issues
· Treating traumatic nightmares
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What our past participants have said about the Day 1-2 livestream mode of delivery
By far not only one of the best professional training I have attended but done so smoothly via livestream
This really is one of the best courses I have done. Professionally presented - backed up with quality research.
One of the best programs I have ever participated in. It was well organised and the communication about the program including tech support was outstanding. The program itself was engaging and so practical.
A very interactive livestream...the two days went by fast. I did not leave home... Outstanding training.
Really enjoyed the structure of the program with theory-based learning then being able to consolidate with practical activities online. All underpinned by Leah's tremendous passion and knowledge on PTSD, an engaging 2-day training.
It was great to be able to attend training remotely. I felt that the training was as good as if it would have been live. I also loved the content. The attention to detail was exemplary.
I thought this training was brilliant and so informative. I especially appreciated the real-life examples, I find this really helps to consolidate my learning.
· Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website. Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card
· The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
· If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire. If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
· Your registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks prior to the livestream date.
· Your certificate of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated in the same intake. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our certificate of participation is official proof for your professional development log.
· If you wish to claim continuing professional development (CPD/CPE/CE) hours/points, you must complete and retain your Day 1-2 quiz and/or optional case study formulations with a copy of your certificate of participation as you might be required to produce all three sets of documents to prove you completed an active CPD/CPE/CE program.
· To qualify for a refund, we have not dispatched your printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched. Cancellation attracts a $77 processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee, or card processing fee, the transfer fee (or card fee) is not refundable.
· If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the commencement of your program when you are ready within twelve months of your registration.
· If you have received your printed program materials and do not take part in the livestream or access the self-paced online program for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee but will provide you access the next scheduled intake or livestream upon your request.
Treating PTSD (Day 1-2) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream on 20-21 June 2024 between 9am-5pm AWST for Perth and Southeast Asia
- Product Code: 02B
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Live_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Live_Online_CPD, Live_Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_PTSD_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online, Live_CPD_webinar_for_Treating_trauma_and_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD,