Trauma Education Online (Day 1-2): Practical trauma informed interventions with Dr Leah Giarratano.
This two-day self-paced online education program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. You will be required to commit of 15 hours of your time to participate in Days 1-2 including quiz, to be worked through at your own pace over three-months with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is provided. Included in your fee is optional access to one of our scheduled highly interactive Day 1-2 livestreams.
Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) with online access from 1 April to 1 July 2023
In order to ensure you receive printed materials by mail, registrations are not accepted after 31/3/23. Some countries must allow up to three weeks for international delivery, although your access will be extended accordingly if you are affected.
Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event.
This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked
through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating
lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to
complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration.
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
Participating in this event earns:
15 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses when you complete the program + quiz (expires 31/12/23)
10 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association when you complete the program + quiz (expires 20/12/22)
15 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician when you complete the program + quiz
15 CPD hours category B for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program + quiz
This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Please be mindful that CPD/CPE/CE hours for online self-study programs varies internationally by profession. We suggest you contact your professional licensing/certification board to confirm if self-study is approved for your professional development/ continuing education before you register for this program as it is always your responsibly to ensure that your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours is successful. In addition to your certificate, we can provide electronic documents to support your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours including a Day 1-4 program flyer, narrative of the Day 1-4 program and learning objectives.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$795 (including Australian GST)
This two-day training presents a highly practical and interactive workshop (case-based) for treating traumatised patients; the content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. Techniques are largely cognitive behavioural; they are best-practice, evidence-based, and will be immediately useful and effective for your clinical practice. The program includes handouts and numerous case examples. The emphasis is upon imparting practical skills and up-to-date research in this area.
Day one topics include:
• What is PTSD? (diagnosis, epidemiology, comorbidity, spectrum of the disorder)
• Treatment maps and planning strategies
• Psychoeducation and motivation tips
• Analysing and targeting dysfunctional behaviours (e.g., substance abuse, self-harm)
• Arousal reduction strategies (including breathing retraining, grounding and distraction tasks)
• An introduction to anger management
• Self-care for clinicians
Day Two topics include:
• Invivo exposure therapy (reducing avoidance behaviours)
• The fundamentals of exposure therapy for traumatic memories (prolonged imaginal exposure
• Cognitive challenging of negative self-statements related to the traumatic event
• Contraindications and complex case issues
• Treating traumatic nightmares
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about the LIVE VERSION this program
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Learning how to do prolonged exposure therapy properly was what I wanted from this program and I feel confident to begin using this now.
Leah- without a doubt this has been one of the most relevant and useful PD activities I have done.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
What past participants have said about this ONLINE program
Loved that I could work through at my own pace and Leah's examples of clients in her own work. Great that Leah addressed commonly asked questions or concerns and practical strategies as well as how they are implemented.
The structure was designed to facilitate step-wise learning, and the case studies provided practical information about putting learning into practice.
I enjoyed being able to work through it at my own pace, pausing the presentations to process information before continuing.
I liked the ease of access, clear framework and presentation, Leah’s engaging style of presentation and use of case studies and activities.
I liked the format. I came and went as I had time available. I liked the end of day quiz and the mix of presentation content.
Highly practical and comprehensive techniques. Excellent presentation.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid by the due date on your invoice, your reservation will expire
• If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt
accept registration by email, text or at our website. A tax invoice will be
issued via e-mail upon registration
• Please register at this website. Payment can be made via electronic funds transfer (EFT where no fee applies) or credit card (where a card fee applies). Payment by cheque was phased out in January 2015.
• Registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you up to two weeks before you can access the online recordings.
• A record of participation will be e-mailed to all participants on 2 July 2023. Our record of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents; and the names of all those who participated. We do not provide an individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our record of participation is official proof for your professional development log.
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, your record of participation will be issued following the livestream and after you complete a quiz with an 80% pass rate. You will be able complete the quiz at the end of the livestream, which can attempted the more than once.
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• In order to qualify for a refund, we have not mailed you the printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing prior to 10/3/23.
• Cancellation will attract a $77 processing fee. If you paid by credit card, the card fee paid is not refundable. The card fee also applies on the balance of your refund.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the balance of your three month online access to the recordings to another time period of your choosing within six months of your registration.
• If you have received the printed program materials and do not access the online recording for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your
Treating PTSD (Day 1-2) with Dr Leah Giarratano International online commencing on 1 April 2023 and ending on 1 July 2023
- Product Code: 02A
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Online_CPD, Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online, CPD_webinar_for_Treating_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD,