Practical trauma informed interventions with Dr Leah Giarratano: International online on-demand to commence when your materials are delivered
This on-demand international self-paced online program with four-month access will commence as soon as your
printed materials are delivered, in a matter of days (if you are local), or a few weeks (if you on the other side of the globe) from
the day you register. Select this option if you do not wish to start on 1 February, 1 April, 1 July or 1 October as part a cohort.
This engaging 34-hour, self-paced, online program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. Counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, and social workers are all welcome to attend. The program can be completed in your own time over four-months with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is provided. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations.
During COVID, please provide your home address for the delivery of your printed materials, as extended delays can result in the case of a lockdown when a business address is provided. We arrange delivery by express post international from Cairns, Australia and during COVID some countries are currently excluded. As a guide, delivery to the following counties is within 19 working days: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America. Please contact us first if you are from a different country and we will confirm if delivery can be made. You may also check with Australia Post on this link.
You will be required to commit 15 hours of your time to participate in Days 1-2 and another 15 hours for Days 3-4, to be worked through at your own pace. Following Day 4 is an optional Trauma Case Study Group (included in your fee) and its purpose is to apply the skills presented in your Day 1-4 training to real cases and to improve your ability to formulate a treatment plan with traumatised clients. The date of the trauma case study group will be offered after you complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz.
Please note that the training program is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano incorporating lectures, real-life cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time.
Participating in this event attracts:
30 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician if you complete the program and Day 1-4 quiz (or 34 CPD hours can be claimed if you complete the program, Day 1-4 quiz and two cases in the trauma case study group)
28 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 8/1/21)
20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 10/12/21 or 25 OPD points can be claimed if you complete the program and two cases in the trauma case study group)
This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars
$1,390 (including Australian GST)
There is a difference in the best-practice treatment for PTSD (Day 1-2) and Complex PTSD (Day 3-4). This program synthesises practical approaches from several modalities that are publishing positive outcomes for these clients and presents them using actual cases that will underpin your clinical practice in traumatology. The program will explain when exposure-based interventions are indicated and appropriate, and when other therapeutic needs must be addressed first, and how to meet these needs.
Day 1-2 is dedicated to treating PTSD clients utilising a cognitive behavioural approach. Day 3-4 is dedicated to the treatment of Complex PTSD (survivors of child abuse and neglect/ developmental trauma, and other severe, prolonged, interpersonal traumas) utilising the phase-based approach and incorporating current experiential techniques showing promising results with this population, drawn from Emotion Focused Therapy for trauma, Metacognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, attachment pathology treatment, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
Please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at our website for further details regarding this four-day training.
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this self-paced online
I appreciated the variety of skills and theoretical orientations included and enjoyed the way multiple approaches were drawn together into an eclectic approach
I loved the eclectic mix of strategies used in the CPTSD workshop and furthering my understanding of the treatment of trauma. Content was very engaging, case presentations helped to apply skills and Leah was very clear.
This was the most informative and useful training I have done in a long time. The mix of theory training and practical application was spot on. Brilliant program.
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of take away skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all of my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s a great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• The content of this page, in relation to this particular offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect
• You are registering for an on-demand program by Visa or Mastercard where a card fee applies. This on-demand program requires card payment at the time of submitting your registration. Your printed materials will be dispatched upon payment. Please do not create an invoice and pay later. You must register and pay at the time of submitting your registration.
• If your employer is making payment, we suggest you make the payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt to avoid delays in dispatching your printed materials
• Your registration fee includes comprehensive program notes that are mailed to you before you can access the self-paced online program.
• A record of participation will be e-mailed to you four months after the date of your registration. Our record of participation includes: the name and qualifications of the presenter; an overview of training contents. Our record of participation is official proof of completing the program for your professional development log.
• If you wish to claim professional development (CPD) hours/points, your record of attendance will be issued after you complete a quiz with an 80% pass rate. You will be able complete the quiz at the end of the program, which can attempted more than once.
• Please direct general enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website
• In order to qualify for a refund, it must be the case that we have not yet mailed you the printed materials and your cancellation is finalised in writing prior to the mailing of your printed materials.
• Cancellation will attract a $77 Australian Dollars processing fee. The card fee paid on registration is not refundable. The card fee also applies on the balance of your refund.
• If you do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the balance of your online access to the recordings to another time period of your choosing within six-months of your registration.
• If you have received the printed program materials and do not access the online recording for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee.
Online trauma training for mental health professionals in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America.
Trauma Education (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano International online on-demand to commence when your materials are delivered
- Product Code: 01A
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Practical_trauma_focused_interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:international_online_on-demand_CPD_for_mental_health_professionals, Practical_trauma_informed_interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:international_online_on-demand_CPD_for_mental_health_professionals, The_trauma_informed_approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:international_online_on-demand_CPD_for_mental_health_professionals, Trauma_informed_practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:international_online_on-demand_CPD_for_mental_health_professionals, Best_practice_specialist_training_for_working_with_trauma_clients_online_CPD, How_to_treat_ptsd_and_complex_ptsd_using_best_practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_online_CPD, International_best_practice_trauma_program_for_mental_health_professionals_online_CPD, Online_education_program_for_treating_ptsd_and_complex_ptsd_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_responding_to_trauma_and_complex_trauma_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_online_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_mental_health_professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_online, CPD_webinar_for_treating_ptsd_and_complex_ptsd_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_education_essentials_for_mental_health_professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_online_CPD,