Bonus access - register now and commence now or on 1/4/24, you choose.
Trauma Online (Day 3-4): Practical complex trauma-informed
interventions with Dr Leah Giarratano.
This two-day self-paced online/ homestudy education program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations and the spoken language is English. Material can be worked through at your own pace over three-months with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is provided. Your program fee includes optional access to one of our scheduled highly interactive Day 3-4 livestreams during your access period (or the next livestream in your timezone) to complete or consolidate your learning. An extension or pause of your access is also available depending on your circumstances upon request.
This program is intended for
past attendees of Treating PTSD (Days 1-2) presented by Dr Giarratano (from
2020 onwards). There are no exceptions to this policy because approximately
half of the full four-day program material is presented in Treating PTSD (Days
1-2) and is not repeated in Treating Complex Trauma (Days 3-4).
In order to ensure you receive printed materials by mail, registrations are not accepted after 26/4/24. Some countries must allow up to three weeks for international delivery, although your access will be extended accordingly if your materials take longer to deliver.
You will be required to commit 15 hours of your time to complete Days 3-4 including a quiz. Please note that this is not simply a recording of a past live event. This education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time.
Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers are all welcome to attend. This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Australian Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Participating in this event earns:
· 15 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the Day 3-4 program and quiz (or 21 CPD hours can be claimed if you complete the optional two CPTSD case formulations in the trauma case study activity following your Day 3-4 program).
· 15 or 21 CE Credits available to members of the American Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial APA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 15 or 21 CE Credits available to members of the Canadian Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial CPA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 10 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the Day 3-4 program and quiz (expires 25/12/24).
· 15 CPE points (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 23/1/27) if you complete the Day 3-4 program and quiz, or 21 CPE points can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and two CPTSD cases in the trauma case study activity.
· 15 CPD hours category A for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program and Day 3-4 quiz (expires 29/11/24).
Please be mindful that CPD/CPE/CE hours for online self-study programs varies internationally by profession. We suggest you contact your professional licensing/certification board to confirm if self-study is approved for your professional development/ continuing education before you register for this program as it is always your responsibility to ensure that your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours is successful. In addition to your certificate, we can provide electronic documents to support your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours including a Day 1-4 program flyer, narrative of the Day 1-4 program and learning objectives.
Registration fee and payment
are in Australian Dollars
$795 Australian Dollars. Visa or Mastercard payment is preferred for international participants and an additional 2.10% card fee applies. Refer to the Wise Currency Converter to determine the fee in your currency.
This two-day program completes Leah's four-day core training for professionals
working with traumatised clients. You are required to attend ‘Treating PTSD’ (Day
1-2) before enrolling in ‘Treating Complex Trauma’ (Day 3-4) because important
workshop material is presented in 'Treating PTSD' and is not repeated in
'Treating Complex Trauma'. The emphasis of this two-day training program
is on imparting evidence-based, practical skills to use immediately with
survivors of complex trauma (especially survivors of child abuse and neglect).
The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. Topics
· Complex trauma.
Complex PTSD. Attachment disorders. Personality disorders. What’s the
· The current controversy
regarding unimodal vs phased-based treatment for CPTSD
· Building and
maintaining the therapeutic relationship, including maintaining compassionate
boundaries and managing therapy disruptions and termination
· Using the
therapeutic relationship to promote emotion regulation
attachment re-enactment and betrayal trauma in order to work with challenging
behaviours, including: ‘splitting’ between care providers; idolising/demonising
the therapist; constant new crises; reduced motivation; external locus of
therapeutic techniques (including exposure interventions and experiential
tools) drawn from: Attachment-based treatment; Emotion Focused Therapy;
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy; metacognitive and mentalisation-based therapies;
Schema Therapy; Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour
Therapy to help clients presenting with complex trauma symptomatology,
including flashbacks, numbing and dissociation, emotional ‘hurricanes’,
somatisation, self-hate, self-harming and suicidal acts, dysfunctional
relationships and substance abuse
· Managing and
reducing vicarious trauma in the therapist.
Dr Leah Giarratano is a doctoral-level clinical psychologist with vast clinical
and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area since 1995.
Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of
psychological trauma and the application of CBT.
What past attendees have
said about this program
Highly experiential and practical course with comprehensive notes. Immediately applicable. Clear, concise and well-paced, covering a great deal of information but in a structured way.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of takeaway skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
It draws from a number of modalities and strategies that are evidence-based. It is refreshing to be presented with an eclectic, but evidence-based approach to treating complex trauma.
This is the best program I’ve attended. I wasn’t just informed about a topic, I was actually taught therapy interventions, i.e., what to do, step by step when dealing with complex trauma.
I tell all of my colleagues
that this is 5-star training. There’s great coverage of information. I
recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even
more with re-reading the thorough notes provided.
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website.
• The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
• Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card.
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid within 7 days, your reservation will expire. If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
• A certificate of participation will be e-mailed to you in the month your access expires. Our certificate includes the name and qualifications of the presenter, an overview of the training contents and the names of all participants of your program in the same quarterly intake. We do not provide individual certificate of attendance because they can be self-created. Our certificate of participation is official proof for your professional development log. If you wish to claim continuing professional development (CPD/CPE/CE) hours/points, you must also complete and retain your Day 3-4 quiz and/or optional case study formulations as you might be required by your professional body to produce all three sets of documents to prove you completed each required component, and an active CPD/CPE/CE program.
• To qualify for a refund, it will be the case that we have not yet dispatched your printed materials, and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched.
• Cancellation attracts a $77 processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee or card processing fee, this fee is not refundable.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the commencement of your program to one of our scheduled programs within twelve months of your registration.
• If you have received your Day 3-4 program materials and do not access the online recordings or do not take part in a livestream for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee. We will provide you access to another intake or livestream within one year from the date you made payment. You can also nominate another person to benefit from your payment on the condition that you have not accessed the online program and that you provide that person with all your Day 3-4 printed materials so they may complete the program and receive CPD/CPE/CE hours for the components they complete.
Self-paced online trauma training for mental health professionals in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Self-paced online trauma courses for practitioners, Complex trauma training online, PTSD training online, Trauma and PTSD Courses online
Treating Complex Trauma (Day 3-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano International online commencing on 1 April 2024 and ending on 31 July 2024
- Product Code: 03A
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Online_CPD, How_to_TreatComplex_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Online_CPD, Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Complex_Trauma_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online, CPD_webinar_for_Treating_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD,