Trauma Online (Day 3-4): Practical trauma-informed interventions with
Dr Leah Giarratano live online.
This highly interactive two-day livestream program is intended for all mental health professionals in New Zealand, Australia and surrounding regions, including Oceania and Southeast Asia. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations and the spoken language is English. You will need a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 30 Mbps per day.
The livestream is delivered between 9am-5pm New Zealand Standard Time. Participants from other time zones are welcome to participate if you are happy with the time commitments in your region Refer to this time converter
This program is intended for past attendees of Treating PTSD (Days 1-2) presented by Dr Giarratano (from 2020 onwards). There are no exceptions to this policy because approximately half of the full four-day program material is presented in Treating PTSD (Days 1-2) and is not repeated in Treating Complex Trauma (Days 3-4).
In order to ensure you receive printed materials on time by mail,
Australian registrations are not accepted after 3/9/24. If you reside outside
Australia, you must be registered by 20/8/24. Please provide your home
address for the delivery of your printed materials.
Watch Leah Giarratano
present an overview of: Treating Complex Trauma: Day 3-4
You will be required to commit 16 hours of your time to complete the Day 3-4 livestream including a quiz. Leah Giarratano will present the livestream from her studio over two consecutive days, and you will be able to pose questions live during the presentations and participate in activities/ discussions with your peers. Each livestream session will be between 1.5 and 2 hours in duration with three 15-30 minute breaks during the day (for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers are all welcome to attend. This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Australian Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Participating in this event earns:
· 15 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the Day 3-4 program and quiz (or 21 CPD hours can be claimed if you complete the optional two CPTSD case formulations in the trauma case study activity following your Day 3-4 program).
· 15 or 21 CE Credits available to members of the American Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial APA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 15 or 21 CE Credits available to members of the Canadian Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial CPA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 10 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the Day 3-4 program and quiz (expires 25/12/24).
· 15 PDP hours Educational Activity/Performance Review for members of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2023-2025)
· 15 CPE points (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 23/1/27) if you complete the Day 3-4 program and quiz, or 21 CPE points can be claimed if you complete the optional two CPTSD case formulations in the trauma case study activity.
· 15 CPD hours category A for members of Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program and Day 3-4 quiz (expires 29/11/24).
Registration fee and payment
are in Australian Dollars
Dollars. Visa or Mastercard payment is preferred for international
participants and an additional 2.10% card fee applies. Refer to the Wise Currency Converter to
determine the fee in your currency.
This two-day program completes Leah's four-day core training for professionals
working with traumatised clients. You are required to attend ‘Treating PTSD’
(Day 1-2) before enrolling in ‘Treating Complex Trauma’ (Day 3-4) because
important workshop material is presented in 'Treating PTSD' and is not repeated
in 'Treating Complex Trauma'. The emphasis of this two-day training
program is on imparting evidence-based, practical skills to use immediately
with survivors of complex trauma (especially survivors of child abuse and
neglect). The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations.
trauma. Complex PTSD. Attachment disorders. Personality disorders. What’s
the difference/ relationship?
- The current controversy regarding unimodal vs
phased-based treatment for CPTSD
- Building and maintaining the therapeutic
relationship, including maintaining compassionate boundaries and managing
therapy disruptions and termination
- Using the therapeutic relationship to promote
- Understanding attachment re-enactment and
betrayal trauma in order to work with challenging behaviours, including:
‘splitting’ between care providers; idolising/demonising the therapist;
constant new crises; reduced motivation; external locus of control
- Practical therapeutic techniques (including
exposure interventions and experiential tools) drawn from:
Attachment-based treatment; Emotion Focused Therapy; Dialectical Behaviour
Therapy; metacognitive and mentalisation-based therapies; Schema Therapy;
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to help
clients presenting with complex trauma symptomatology, including
flashbacks, numbing and dissociation, emotional ‘hurricanes’,
somatisation, self-hate, self-harming and suicidal acts, dysfunctional
relationships and substance abuse
- Managing and reducing vicarious trauma in the
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about our livestream mode of delivery
One of the most practical, evidence-based, engaging and overall welcoming trainings I have completed
It is a great mixture of practical and theoretical. I have left both trainings already using skills or thinking about how I will apply them with clients
I liked the eclectic approach used to inform us on treating CPTSD. I also really appreciated the scripts provided us for chair work and specific exercises during the program
I gained a new perspective and understanding on complex PTSD and the overlap of this and other diagnoses. The program provided me many more tools, in particular formulating a treatment plan. Full of practical strategies that can be immediately used with clients
Loved everything about this program. Professional, knowledgeable, informative and paced well.
Practical, useful & very interesting information presented in a way which kept my attention and allowed me to participate and ask questions
Overall this was such an amazing workshop to be part of. I learnt so many tools to implement with my clients and already have some in mind to practice with starting next week. Real life examples and video demonstrations consolidated new information.
Models gave me a great framework to hang everything on. Best role plays I've ever done - safe. Such great resources.
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website.
• The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
• Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card.
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid within 7 days, your reservation will expire. If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
• A certificate of participation will be e-mailed to you following Day 4 for Days 3-4. Our certificate includes the name and qualifications of the presenter, an overview of the training contents and the names of all participants that took part on the same two livestream dates as you. We do not provide individual certificates because they can be self-created. Our certificate of participation is official proof for your professional development log. If you wish to claim continuing professional development (CPD/CPE/CE) hours/points, you must also complete and retain your Day 3-4 quiz and/or optional case study formulations as you might be required by your professional body to produce all three sets of documents to prove you completed each required component and an active CPD/CPE/CE program.
• To qualify for a refund, it will be the case that we have not yet dispatched your printed materials, and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched. Cancellation attracts a $77 AUD processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee or card processing fee, this fee is not refundable.
• If you have received your Day 3-4 program materials and do not access the livestream or online recordings for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee. We will provide you access to another livestream or intake within one year from the date you made payment. You can also nominate another person to benefit from your payment on the condition that you have not accessed the online program and that you provide that person with all your Day 3-4 printed materials so they may complete the program and receive CPD/CPE/CE hours for the components they complete.
Live online trauma training for mental health professionals in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Live online trauma courses for practitioners, Complex trauma training live online, PTSD training live online, Trauma and PTSD Courses live online
Treating Complex Trauma (Day 3-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream on 12-13 September 2024 between 9am-5pm NZST for New Zealand
- Product Code: 03B
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Live_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Live_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_Trauma_and_Complex_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CPD, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Live_Online_CPD, Live_Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_Trauma_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_Complex_PTSD_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD, Trauma_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online, Live_CPD_webinar_for_Treating_Trauma_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Live_Online_CPD,