Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma Online (Day 1-4): Practical trauma-informed interventions for therapists with Dr Leah Giarratano
This on-demand self-paced online/home study program will commence as soon as your printed materials are delivered: in a matter of days (if you are local), or within a few weeks (if you are overseas). This program is intended for all mental health professionals, globally. As part of your fee, you also have access to one of our scheduled, highly interactive Day 1-4 livestreams to consolidate or complete your learning (during your access period or our next scheduled livestream in your time zone). Please select this on-demand option if you do not wish to start on 1 February, 1 April, 1 July or 1 October as part of a group. This just means you can begin when your materials are delivered, rather than waiting to join one of our quarterly intake groups.
Please provide your home address for the delivery of your printed materials. We arrange delivery by express post international from Cairns, Australia and some countries might be affected by service disruptions or are excluded. As a guide, delivery to the following countries is within 15 working days: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, UK and US. Please contact us first if you are from a different country and we will confirm if delivery can be made. You may also check with Australia Post on this link.
You will be required to commit 30 hours of your time to participate in Days 1-4 including a quiz, to be worked through at your own pace over four months. Following Day 4, there is an optional activity containing four Trauma Case Studies which requires an additional 12 hours of study. In this optional applied trauma practice program, you will receive two real PTSD and two Complex PTSD cases with a number of questions, and you will be required to formulate a case plan for each using the Day 1-4 skills. You will have three months to complete your first two case formulations and another three months to complete your final two case formulations.
Watch Leah Giarratano present a brief overview: Trauma Education: Day 1-4
Please note that the training program is not simply a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specifically designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr Leah Giarratano incorporating lectures, real-life cases, learning quizzes and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time.
Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists, and social workers are all welcome to attend. This program is designed to meet the CPD requirements for Australian Medicare Focused Psychological Strategy (FPS) providers and the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) requirements for an Active CPD event. If you are a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or Australian Psychological Society (APS) or Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA), your CPD activities no longer need to be endorsed by these bodies; you can accrue CPD hours by participating in activities that you believe are relevant to your annual learning plan or goals.
Participating in this event earns:
· 30 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician and complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz (or 42 CPD hours can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and the four PTSD cases in the trauma case study activity).
· 30 or 42 CE Credits available to members of the American Psychological Association dependent upon completion requirements. Partial APA CE Credits are not awarded for partial completion. Talomin Books Pty Ltd is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Talomin Books Pty Ltd maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· 20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association if you complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz (expires 25/12/24).
· 30 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 31/12/23), if you complete the Day 1-4 program and quiz, or 42 CPE hours, can be claimed if you complete the program, quiz and four PTSD cases in the trauma case study activity.
· 30 CPD hours category A for members of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia when you complete the program and the Day 1-4 quiz (expires 29/11/24).
Please be mindful that CPD/CPE/CE hours for online self-study programs varies internationally by profession. We suggest you contact your professional licensing/certification board to confirm if self-study is approved for your professional development/ continuing education before you register for this program as it is always your responsibility to ensure that your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours is successful. In addition to your certificate, we can provide electronic documents to support your application for CPD/CPE/CE hours including a Day 1-4 program flyer, narrative of the Day 1-4 program and learning objectives.
Registration fee and payment are in Australian Dollars
$1,390 Australian Dollars. Visa or Mastercard payment is preferred for international participants and an additional 2.10% card fee applies. Refer to the Wise Currency Converter to determine the fee in your currency.
This program synthesises practical approaches from several modalities that are publishing positive outcomes for these clients and presents them using actual cases that will underpin your clinical practice in traumatology. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. The techniques are designed for immediate use in your clinical practice. The program will explain when exposure-based interventions are indicated and appropriate, and when other therapeutic needs should be addressed first.
Day 1-2 is dedicated to treating PTSD clients utilising a cognitive behavioural approach. Day 3-4 is dedicated to the treatment of Complex PTSD (survivors of child abuse and neglect/ developmental trauma) incorporating current experiential techniques showing promising results with this population; drawn from Emotion Focused Therapy for trauma, Metacognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, Attachment pathology treatment, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
Please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) at our website for further details regarding this four-day training.
About the program
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral-level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
What past participants have said about this self-paced online program
I appreciated the variety of skills and theoretical orientations included and enjoyed the way multiple approaches were drawn together into an eclectic approach
I loved the eclectic mix of strategies used in the CPTSD workshop and furthering my understanding of the treatment of trauma. Content was very engaging, case presentations helped to apply skills and Leah was very clear.
This was the most informative and useful training I have done in a long time. The mix of theory training and practical application was spot on. Brilliant program.
Fantastic workshop. The program was well structured. Leah provided a thorough understanding of the material and this was supported by research and case studies.
Thank you for sharing your expertise, knowledgebase and practise material. I will be recommending this course and resources to my colleagues.
This was an outstanding workshop! The blend of clinical experience, with research knowledge was fantastic. Very practical – will draw on these concepts/tools often and highly recommend this workshop to others.
Extremely informative, useful, interactive and engaging, and beautifully presented. Ten out of ten. Recommend thoroughly.
Unlike other courses that often provide only theory and background, and you leave disappointed, this workshop is practical and has a good balance of information and theory but lots of takeaway skills that are shown, explained and practised. Best CPD I’ve ever done.
I tell all my colleagues that this is 5-star training. There’s great coverage of information. I recommend both of Leah’s programs to everyone. I’ve found that I learn even more with re-reading through the thorough notes provided.
• Please direct your enquiries to Joshua George using the contact form on this website.
• The content of this page, in relation to this offering is always current and replaces all other published information about this workshop. Please do not rely on information published elsewhere as it may be incorrect.
• Please register at this website. A tax invoice will be issued when you reserve your place and after payment is received via e-mail. Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer or instantly via credit card.
• If you have reserved your place and have not paid within 7 days, your reservation will expire. If your employer is making payment and you expect delays, we suggest you make payment yourself and request reimbursement from your employer when we have issued your receipt.
• A certificate of participation will be e-mailed to you four months after the date of your registration. Our certificate includes the name and qualifications of the presenter as well as an overview of the training contents. If you wish to claim continuing professional development (CPD/CPE/CE) hours/points, you must also complete and retain your Day 1-4 quiz and/or optional case study formulations as you might be required by your professional body to produce all three sets of documents to prove you completed each required component, and an active CPD/CPE/CE program.
• To qualify for a refund, it will be the case that we have not yet dispatched your printed materials, and your cancellation is finalised in writing before your printed items are dispatched.
• Cancellation attracts a $77 processing fee deducted from your program fee. If you paid a bank transfer fee or card processing fee, this fee is not refundable.
• If you have received your printed materials and do not qualify for a refund, you can postpone the commencement of your program to one of our scheduled programs within twelve months of your registration.
• If you have received your Day 1-4 program materials and do not take part in a livestream or do not access the online recordings for any reason, we cannot refund any part of your fee. We will provide you access to the program within one year from the date you make payment. You can also nominate another person to benefit from your payment on the condition that you have not accessed the online program and provide that person with all your Day 1-4 printed materials so they may complete the program and receive CPD/CPE/CE hours for the components they complete.
Trauma training online for mental health professionals in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
trauma course for practitioners, Complex Trauma Training online, PTSD
Training online, Trauma and PTSD Courses Online
Treating PTSD and Complex Trauma (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano International online on-demand to commence when your materials are delivered
- Product Code: 01A
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Trauma_Training, Practical_Trauma_Focused_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Practical_Trauma_Informed_Interventions_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, The_Trauma_Informed_Approach_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Trauma_Informed_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano:International_Online_CPD_for_Mental_Health_Professionals, Best_Practice_Specialist_Training_for_Working_with_Trauma_Clients_Online_CPD, How_to_Treat_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_using_Best_Practice_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CE, International_Best_Practice_Trauma_Program_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_Online_CE, Online_Education_Program_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Recognising_and_Responding_to_Trauma_and_Complex_Trauma_With_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CE, Trauma_CE_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online, CE_webinar_for_Treating_PTSD_and_Complex_PTSD_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano, Trauma_Education_Essentials_for_Mental_Health_Professionals_with_Dr_Leah_Giarratano_Online_CE,